The promise of an Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is to deliver real time analytics, monitoring, and measurement that optimize performance and efficiency while establishing a sustainable competitive advantage. The real value of IIoT will be unleashed when accumulated and real-time data turns into insightful knowledge and critical actions. To achieve this, the underlying communications infrastructure must be a highly reliable and resilient system that interconnects sensors and controls across a large-scale field area network.
Without end-to-end communications, valuable data is stranded. These islands of data can be from 1 meter or further apart and fiber or wired or 3G/4G public network solutions are not always available or viable. Proven wireless network solutions from Cambium Networks provide wireless connectivity from the field area network to the operations center in a ruggedized sustainable platform, that provides high reliability and security, with an attractive return on investment.
Wireless connectivity is deployed for distribution automation, substation switch and circuit control, SCADA telemetry, remote office connectivity, video surveillance, and asset tracking. All of these functions can be achieved in one consolidated cost-effective IP network. Wireless is the ideal alternative because fiber isn’t everywhere, and 3G/4G data services are costly and don’t provide the quality of service, reliability, and availability required in these mission critical applications.Oil, gas, chemical, and utility companies continuously strive to streamline operations to reduce costs and increase yield. Reliable, private broadband networks promote fast, secure communication to boost efficiency and provide:
- Rapid diagnosis for monitoring and management
- Ability to expand coverage areas
- Ability to leverage one network for multiple applications
- Scalability to meet future needs and additional applications
- Lower total cost of ownership
- With years of experience deploying private network solutions from high-capacity microwave backhaul, video surveillance, remote access, leased line replacement, WiFi, and now SCADA control and monitoring systems, Cambium Networks brings a complete suite of IIoT solutions all managed from a single pane of glass.